Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, National Development and Reform Commission, Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Ecology and Environment, Ministry of Emergency Management, National Energy Administration
Guiding Opinions on Promoting High-Quality Development of the Petrochemical and Chemical Industry during the “14th Five-Year Plan”
Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Lianyuan  No. 34
The petrochemical and chemical industry is a pillar industry of the national economy. It has a large economic aggregate, a long industrial chain, a wide range of products, and wide coverage. It is related to the safety and stability of the industrial chain and supply chain, green and low-carbon development, and the improvement of people's livelihood and well-being. In order to implement the "14th Five-Year Plan for National Economic and Social Development of the People's Republic of China and the Outline of Long-term Goals for 2035", implement the "14th Five-Year Plan for the Development of Raw Materials Industry", and promote the high-quality development of the petrochemical and chemical industry, these opinions are formulated .
1. Overall requirements
(1) Guiding ideology
Guided by Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, fully implement the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China and all 19th Plenary Sessions, based on the new development stage, fully, accurately and comprehensively implement new development concepts, build a new development pattern, and promote high-quality Development as the theme, with deepening supply-side structural reform as the main line, meeting the people's needs for a better life as the fundamental purpose, taking reform and innovation as the fundamental driving force, coordinating development and security, accelerating the transformation and upgrading of traditional industries, vigorously developing new chemical materials and fine Chemicals, accelerate the digital transformation of the industry, improve intrinsic safety and clean production levels, accelerate the quality change, efficiency change, and power change of the petrochemical and chemical industry, and promote China's progress from a petrochemical and chemical country to a powerful country.
(2) Basic principles
Adhere to market leadership. Give full play to the decisive role of the market in resource allocation, better play the role of the government, strengthen the guidance and standardization of planning policy standards, and maintain the order of fair competition.
Adhere to innovation-driven. Focus on self-reliance and self-reliance in science and technology, promote research on key core technologies, promote the safety and stability of industrial and supply chains, increase total factor productivity, and improve the quality and efficiency of development.
Adhere to green safety. Establish a firm bottom-line thinking, strengthen social responsibility care, improve intrinsic safety levels, promote green recycling and low-carbon development, and strengthen industry governance systems and governance capacity building.
Adhere to open cooperation. Create a market-oriented, legalized, and international business environment, adhere to high-quality introduction and high-level globalization, promote efficient global allocation of factor resources, and strengthen upstream and downstream collaboration in the industrial chain and coupled development among related industries.
(3) Main objectives
By 2025, the petrochemical and chemical industry will basically form a high-quality development pattern with strong independent innovation capabilities, reasonable structural layout, green, safe and low-carbon, high-end product support capabilities will be greatly improved, core competitiveness will be significantly enhanced, and high-level self-reliance and self-improvement will be taken solid steps.
——Innovative development. Original innovation and integrated innovation capabilities continue to increase. By 2025, the R&D investment of enterprises above designated size will account for more than 1.5% of their main business income; more than 20 key common technologies and more than 40 key new products will be broken through.
——Industrial structure. The production concentration of bulk chemical products has further increased, and the capacity utilization rate has reached more than 80%; the ethylene equivalent guarantee level has been greatly improved, and the guarantee level of new chemical materials has reached more than 75%.
--Industrial Distribution. The relocation and transformation tasks of hazardous chemical production enterprises in densely populated urban areas have been fully completed, forming about 70 chemical industry parks with competitive advantages. By 2025, the output value of the chemical industry park will account for more than 70% of the industry's total output value.
——Digital transformation. The self-control rate of the main production equipment of enterprises in key fields such as petrochemicals and coal chemicals has reached more than 95%, and about 30 smart manufacturing demonstration factories and about 50 smart chemical demonstration parks have been built.
——Green safety. The energy consumption and carbon emissions per unit of bulk products have dropped significantly, the total emissions of volatile organic compounds have been reduced by more than 10% compared with the "13th Five-Year Plan", the intrinsic safety level has been significantly improved, and major and major production safety accidents have been effectively curbed.
2. Improve the level of innovation and development
(1) Improve the innovation mechanism and form a "three-in-one" collaborative innovation system. Strengthen the status of enterprises as the main body of innovation, accelerate the construction of a "trinity" innovation system of key laboratories, innovation centers in key fields, and common technology research and development institutions, and promote the in-depth integration of industry, academia, and research. Optimize and integrate industry-related R&D platforms, create innovation centers in the fields of high-end polyolefins, high-performance engineering plastics, high-performance membrane materials, biomedical materials, carbon dioxide capture and utilization, etc., and strengthen national new material production and application demonstration, testing and evaluation, experimental inspection and other platforms Role in promoting common technological innovations such as catalytic materials, process intensification, structural characterization of polymer materials, and processing application technologies and equipment. Support enterprises to take the lead in establishing collaborative innovation organizations such as industrial technology innovation alliances and upstream and downstream cooperation mechanisms, and support local governments in the rational layout and construction of regional innovation centers, pilot bases, etc.
(2) Overcome core technologies and enhance innovation and development momentum. Accelerate breakthroughs in key technologies such as new catalysis, green synthesis, function-structure integrated polymer material manufacturing, and large-scale application of "green hydrogen", lay out cutting-edge technologies such as short-process preparation of basic chemicals, intelligent bionic materials, and new energy storage materials, and consolidate Improve process enhancement technologies such as micro-reaction continuous flow, reaction-separation coupling, high-efficiency purification and concentration, plasma, and hypergravity fields. Focus on the needs of major projects, break through the manufacturing technology of important equipment and parts such as special structure reactors, high-power electric heating furnaces, large-scale special pumps, valves, and control systems, and strive to develop and promote online detection of process parameters, online rapid identification and determination of physical properties and structures, etc. Perception technology, process control software, full-process intelligent control systems, fault diagnosis and predictive maintenance and other control technologies.
(3) Implement the "three products" action to improve the supply quality of chemical products. Focusing on the new generation of information technology, biotechnology, new energy, high-end equipment and other strategic emerging industries, increase the variety and specifications of organic fluorosilicone, polyurethane, polyamide and other materials, and accelerate the development of high-end polyolefins, electronic chemicals, industrial special gases, high-performance Rubber and plastic materials, high-performance fibers, bio-based materials, special lubricants and other products. Actively develop new products such as shape memory polymer materials, metal-organic framework materials, efficient separation media for metal elements, and reaction-separation integrated membrane devices. Increase the proportion of green products in industries such as fertilizers, tires, coatings, dyes, and adhesives. Encourage enterprises to improve quality and cultivate and create brands.
3. Promote industrial structure adjustment
(4) Strengthen classified policies and scientifically regulate industrial scale. Promote the "reducing oil and increasing chemical" refining projects in an orderly manner and extend the petrochemical industry chain. Enhance the supply capacity of high-end polymers, specialty chemicals and other products. Strictly control new production capacity in the oil refining, ammonium phosphate, calcium carbide, yellow phosphorus and other industries, prohibit new mercury-using (poly)vinyl chloride production capacity, and accelerate the exit of inefficient and backward production capacity. Promote the high-end, diversified, and low-carbon development of the coal chemical industry, and develop modern coal chemical industry steadily and orderly in accordance with the requirements of ecological priority, water-based production, total volume control, and concentrated development.
(5) Accelerate transformation and upgrading to improve industry competitiveness. Dynamically update the catalog of technologies and products that are encouraged to be promoted and applied in the petrochemical and chemical industry, encourage the use of advanced and applicable technologies to implement safety, energy saving, emission reduction, low-carbon and other transformations, and promote intelligent manufacturing. Guide the lightening of olefin raw materials, optimize the structure of aromatic hydrocarbon raw materials, and improve the utilization level of by-product resources such as C5 and C9. Accelerate the extension of coal-based chemicals to new chemical materials, coal-based oil and gas to develop into high value-added products such as special fuels and high-end chemicals, and coal-based ethylene glycol focuses on improving quality control levels.
4. Optimize and adjust industrial layout
(6) Coordinate project layout and promote coordinated regional development. In accordance with land spatial planning, ecological environment zoning control and major national strategic arrangements, we will coordinate the layout of major projects and promote the concentration of new petrochemical and chemical projects in chemical parks with good matching of raw materials and clean energy, abundant environmental capacity, energy conservation, environmental protection and low carbon. Promote the transformation and upgrading of the modern coal chemical industry demonstration zone, steadily promote the construction of a coal-to-oil and gas strategic base, and build an industrial demonstration base with efficient utilization of raw materials, integration of resource factors, collaborative pollution reduction and carbon reduction, advanced and mature technology, and high-end product series. Continue to promote the relocation and transformation of hazardous chemical production enterprises in densely populated urban areas. Implement the requirements for promoting the development of the Yangtze River Economic Belt, ecological protection and high-quality development in the Yellow River Basin, and promote the scientific layout and orderly transfer of petrochemical and chemical projects in the Yangtze River and Yellow River Basin.
(7) Guide chemical projects to enter the zone and promote high-level agglomeration development. Promote the standardized development of chemical industry parks, use comprehensive standards in accordance with laws and regulations to force the park to prevent and resolve safety and environmental risks, accelerate the construction of infrastructure such as pollution prevention and control in the park, strengthen the inspection and rectification of the sewage pipe network in the park, and improve the level of intrinsic safety and clean production. Guide the circular production and industrial coupling development of enterprises in the park, encourage dislocation and differentiated development among chemical industry parks, and coordinate layout with metallurgy, building materials, textiles, electronics and other industries. Encourage chemical industry parks to build technological innovation and scientific research achievement incubation platforms and intelligent management systems. Strictly implement the "prohibited and restricted" catalog of hazardous chemicals. New hazardous chemical production projects must enter chemical industry parks with general or lower safety risks (except for projects supporting the construction of production equipment in other industries), and guide other petrochemical and chemical projects in chemical industry parks develop.
5. Promote industrial digital transformation
(8) Accelerate the collaborative innovation and application of new technologies and new models to create a characteristic platform. Accelerate the integration of new generation information technologies such as 5G, big data, and artificial intelligence with the petrochemical and chemical industries, continuously enhance the ability to acquire chemical process data, enrich data on enterprise production management, process control, product flow, etc., and connect the "islands" of production and operation information data , build analytical models for production operations, markets and supply chains, strengthen integrated management and control of the entire process, promote innovative applications of digital twins, and accelerate digital transformation. Create 3-5 unique and professional industrial Internet platforms for the industry, and guide small and medium-sized chemical companies to use the platforms to accelerate the digital transformation of process equipment, safety and environmental protection, etc. Build an industrial chain monitoring and lean service system based on the industrial Internet around bulk products related to people's livelihood and safety, such as fertilizers and tires.
(9) Promote demonstration and leadership and strengthen industrial Internet empowerment. Released guidelines for the construction of intelligent manufacturing standard systems in the petrochemical and chemical industries, and compiled standards for smart factories, smart parks, etc. Based on the characteristics of the industry, build and select a number of digital workshops, smart factories, and smart park benchmarks. Establish an intelligent manufacturing industry alliance for the petrochemical and chemical industries, cultivate internationally competitive intelligent manufacturing system solution providers, and improve service capabilities such as digital simulation of chemical processes and remote diagnosis and operation of large units. Based on intelligent manufacturing, we promote flexible production models of multiple varieties and small batches of chemical products to better adapt to customized and differentiated needs. Implement classified and hierarchical network security management for industrial Internet enterprises in the petrochemical industry, promote the application of commercial passwords, and improve security protection levels.
6. Accelerate green and low-carbon development
(10) Give full play to the advantages of carbon fixation and carbon consumption and coordinately promote carbon emission reduction in the industrial chain. Promote energy conservation and carbon reduction in key areas of the petrochemical and chemical industry in an orderly manner and improve the energy efficiency level of the industry. Draw up a catalog of high-carbon products and steadily regulate the export of some high-carbon products. Improve the utilization level of medium and low-grade thermal energy, promote the electrification of energy-using facilities, reasonably guide the "replacing coal with gas" as fuel, and moderately increase the proportion of hydrogen-rich raw materials. Encourage petrochemical and chemical enterprises to develop and utilize "green hydrogen" in a reasonable and orderly manner according to local conditions, promote the coupling demonstration of refining, coal chemical industry and "green electricity", "green hydrogen" and other industries, and use the high purity and high purity of carbon dioxide emitted from refining and coal chemical equipment. With the characteristics of low capture cost, we will carry out demonstrations of large-scale capture, storage, oil displacement and chemical production of carbon dioxide. Accelerate the development and application of energy-saving and carbon-reducing technologies such as direct cracking of crude oil to produce ethylene, one-step synthesis of olefins from synthesis gas, and intelligent continuous micro-reactions to prepare chemical products.
(11) Focus on developing clean production and green manufacturing, and cultivate and expand the biochemical industry. We will roll out the certification of green processes, green products, green factories, green supply chains and green parks to build a full life cycle green manufacturing system. Encourage enterprises to adopt cleaner production technology and equipment transformation and upgrade, and promote the "reduction" of industrial waste from the source. Promote the treatment of volatile organic matter pollution in the entire process, increase the treatment of wastewater containing salt and high ammonia nitrogen, promote the environmental protection of soda ash waste residue and waste liquid produced by the ammonia-alkali method, and improve the utilization and disposal capabilities of hazardous wastes such as waste catalysts, waste acids, and waste salts. , to promote mercury-free production of (poly)vinyl chloride. Actively develop biochemical industry, encourage the development of enzymes required for biomass utilization and biorefining based on biological resources, and promote new biological strains; strengthen the connection between bio-based bulk chemicals and existing chemical materials industry chains, and develop ecologically friendly biological Based materials, achieving partial replacement of traditional petroleum-based products. Strengthen the research and development and application of green alternatives to toxic and harmful chemical substances, and prevent and control the environmental risks of new pollutants.
(12) Promote the coupled development of industries and improve the efficiency of resource recycling. Promote the coupled development of petrochemicals and building materials, metallurgy, energy conservation and environmental protection and other industries, and improve the comprehensive utilization level of solid waste such as gypsum, calcium carbide slag, alkali slag, fly ash and other industrial by-products such as phosphogypsum, titanium gypsum, fluorogypsum and desulfurization gypsum. Encourage enterprises to strengthen the utilization and harmless disposal of phosphorus and potassium associated resources, industrial waste salt, mine tailings, yellow phosphorus tail gas, calcium carbide furnace gas, refinery balance tail gas and other resources. Orderly develop and scientifically promote biodegradable plastics, and promote the regeneration and recycling of waste plastics, waste rubber and other waste chemical materials.
7. Lay a solid foundation for safe development
(13) Promote advanced technology management and improve intrinsic safety levels. Consolidate the main responsibilities of safety production, promote the implementation of responsible care, support enterprises and parks to improve the level of refined operation management, establish and improve the health and safety environment (HSE) management system, hierarchical safety risk control and hidden danger investigation and management dual prevention mechanisms, establish and improve fire fighting and rescue Strength and improve emergency response capabilities. Continue to carry out the construction of "Industrial Internet + Safety Production" in hazardous chemical companies and promote the implementation of the Globally Harmonized Classification and Labeling System of Chemicals (GHS). Enterprises are encouraged to adopt advanced and applicable technologies such as micro-reaction and online trace rapid detection of gas leakage to eliminate hazard sources or reduce the level of hazard sources and promote safe transformation and substitution of high-risk processes.
(14) Strengthen the guarantee of raw material resources and maintain the safety and stability of the industrial and supply chains. Expand petrochemical raw material supply channels, build a supply system with a solid domestic foundation and international diversification and stability, and moderately increase the import of light, low-carbon, hydrogen-rich raw materials. In accordance with market-oriented principles, we will promote international cooperation in the development of potassium salt and other resources. Strengthen domestic potassium resource exploration and actively promote the development of high-efficiency mining and separation technology for medium- and low-grade phosphate ores and high-efficiency utilization technology for water-insoluble potassium resources. Multiple measures will be taken to promote the reduction, resource utilization and harmlessness of phosphogypsum, and steadily promote the "determination of production based on slag" in the phosphorus chemical industry. Strengthen the guarantee of chemical fertilizer production factors, improve production concentration and capacity utilization of key enterprises, and ensure stable supply of chemical fertilizers. Protectively mine fluorite resources and encourage the development and utilization of associated fluorine resources.
8. Strengthen organizational guarantees
(15) Strengthen organization and implementation. Relevant departments in various localities should take into account local realities, integrate key tasks into the department's key work, strengthen supervision during and after the event, and coordinate and promote the implementation of tasks. Relevant enterprises must pragmatically advance relevant work based on their own actual conditions, in accordance with main goals and key tasks, and disclose environmental information in accordance with the law. Relevant industry organizations should play the role of bridge and link, actively provide guidance and strengthen industry self-discipline. Strengthen policy publicity and interpretation, actively respond to social public opinion and the legitimate concerns of the public, and effectively enhance the public's scientific and rational understanding of petrochemical and chemical industries.
(16) Improve supporting policies. Strengthen the coordination of fiscal, financial, regional, investment, import and export, energy, ecological environment, price and other policies with industrial policies. Give full play to the role of the national industry-finance cooperation platform and promote bank-enterprise docking and industry-finance cooperation. Strengthen intellectual property protection. Strengthen the training of chemical industry professionals and employee training. Promote the demonstration application of the first equipment (set) and the first batch of materials.
(17) Improve the standard system. Establish and improve standard systems for new chemical materials, especially modified special materials, fine chemicals, especially special chemicals, evaluation and labeling management systems for bio-based materials, biodegradable plastics, and recycled plastic materials, and green energy consumption monitoring and evaluation systems. Improve energy consumption limits for key products, content limits for toxic and hazardous chemicals, and pollutant emission limits. Explore the formulation and revision of standards for carbon emission accounting of carbon-containing chemical products and evaluation of low-carbon products based on carbon footprints. Participate in the formulation of global standards and rules and strengthen the evaluation and transformation of international standards.
Ministry of Industry and Information Technology
National Development and Reform Commission
Ministry of Science and Technology
Ministry of Ecology and Environment
Emergency Management Department
National Energy Board
March 28, 2022